Forums: Bugs:

Trying to re-up a song with an identical title causes all sorts of issues.

<<   <  1  > >>
Tuesday 11th of June 2013, 12:10 - 1
Now, I know you're probably thinking "why would I ever upload two songs with the same name", but maybe you want to copy the info over from another tab, then delete the old version.

As a matter of fact, I'm trying to reup this one song right now, and even after deleting the current version of the song off the site, it still refuses to play anything but the old mp3. In fact, renaming the original file or rerendering it doesn't even help.

This is the song I'm trying to update:

http://ucollective.org/audio/Tilde/miniboss+panic!/

The new version is better :<

(also, not related, post preview pretends HTML tags work)
Edited: 11/06/13 - 12:13
~ Common sense isn't all truth.
Tuesday 11th of June 2013, 18:03 - 2
While I'm here, I guess I should ask: Shouldn't the timer for an upload making frontpage be based on your last frontpage track, not your last upload?
Edited: 11/06/13 - 18:03
Tuesday 11th of June 2013, 22:11 - 3
Have you tried clearing your cache?

Why not just call it "Version 2" or "final version"?

I wonder if editing the name of the old version to "song name old version" would change the url so that it would be free for you to upload the new version with the original name?

Or just copy the info from the old version to notepad. Delete the old version. Upload the new version.

It'd be cheating if you wanted to slide a new version of a song into the slot of an old version trying to keep all comments and favorites intanct. I dn't think that's what you're trying to do though.
Pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting penguins
Wednesday 12th of June 2013, 08:10 - 4
Hey, thanks, looks like clearing the cache did it.

Obviously changing the title would have solved the issue, but I didn't want to do that since it would stand out like a sore thumb, and this track is part of a big series I wanted to keep nice and clean. Copying the info to Notepad is what I did when I tried deleting the old version first, which didn't help until I cleared the cache.

Of course, the song didn't even have any favorites until I made this thread...
Wednesday 12th of June 2013, 09:43 - 5
glad I could help :)

Sometimes your browser keeps old versions of files so you think it's not being replaced when it actually is and your browser just hasn't "forgotten" the original file until you clear it out of your cache.
Pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting penguins
Wednesday 12th of June 2013, 11:05 - 6
There's also the curious quality of two tracks with the same title leading to the same page, since the URL doesn't differentiate. I'd play around and see what kind of havoc I could cause with that if I felt like it :D
Saturday 15th of June 2013, 22:35 - 7
No havoc would be caused :)
I'll get onto this soon, thanks for bringing it up.
Chiptune Justice League™ (ง'̀-'́)ง
<<   <  1  > >>

Please sign-in to reply to forum topics.