Forums: Bugs:

Song uploads, can be edited, but won't play.

<<   <  1  > >>
Friday 4th of January 2013, 08:11 - 1
http://ucollective.org/audio/Tilde/an+example+of+a+nonworking+song+d/

This happens consistently with my uploads for some reason...I export to wav and use foobar+lame to convert to mp3.

Also, the upload button doesn't work from the page I'm on right now, but that's hardly as important :O
~ Common sense isn't all truth.
Friday 4th of January 2013, 10:44 - 2
change the file name?
Friday 4th of January 2013, 11:46 - 3
yes - what is the file name? remove all "plus" signs and strange symbols like * ' ^ = / & % € # !

not sure why you would have those, but yes. also strange letters like Ö Ä Å and stuff can fuck things up
FACEBOOK.COM/HOLYKONNI
Friday 4th of January 2013, 16:58 - 4
Hmm, there is a comma in the filename. I guess I can just use a different filename and rename the actual song itself. Thanks.
Friday 4th of January 2013, 17:43 - 5
Sorry about this, I *am* trying to figure out why it always breaks, but the uploader file is stupidly complicated and really messy.
I've tidied it up endless times but I've never been able to find the problem. Really frustrating seeing as how I wrote it >_>
Chiptune Justice League™ (ง'̀-'́)ง
Friday 4th of January 2013, 21:40 - 6
A buddy of mine runs the site Synchronoise, which uses Soundcloud's API, and it seems to have a very similar problem uploading tracks with wonky characters in the filename, so it looks like you're not alone there.
Edited: 04/01/13 - 21:40
Saturday 5th of January 2013, 00:45 - 7
Tilde wrote:
A buddy of mine runs the site Synchronoise, which uses Soundcloud's API, and it seems to have a very similar problem uploading tracks with wonky characters in the filename, so it looks like you're not alone there.

The trouble is, most special characters do things within programming languages (and regex confuses me) so they're pretty much fatal to any system if you don't filter the input.
I've tried my best to filter them out, but for some reason I can't figure why some characters keep falling through...
Chiptune Justice League™ (ง'̀-'́)ง
Wednesday 16th of January 2013, 19:09 - 8
I see you fixed the upload button!

That or it was a fluke before~
<<   <  1  > >>

Please sign-in to reply to forum topics.